Information about our privacy and cookie policies under Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (UE) 2016/679 (GDPR)
Quercetti & C SpA, registered office in Torino – Corso Vigevano, 25 (hereafter “Quercetti”) is committed to protecting its users' on-line privacy.
A) Source of personal data and Data Controller
According to the terms of the Regulation, data management carried out by Quercetti is governed by principles of legality, fairness, transparency, limitation of purposes and conservation, minimization of data, precision, integrity and respect of privacy.
The data management controller for the Site is Quercetti, registered office in Torino – Corso Vigevano, 25 as defined above. You may write to that address for any information pertaining to the management of your personal data.
The information in this document refers only to the Site and does not extend to any other websites the user may consult through links. Please see specific sections of the Site for specific information and if necessary for any consent requests for single data management.
B) Data types
By navigating the Site, we inform you that Quercetti will track your personal data (art. 4(1) of the Regulation) hereafter: “Personal Data”.
In particular, the Personal Data collected through our Site are the following:
1) Browsing data
Using certain Services of the Site may lead to management of Personal Data by third parties sent by you to Quercetti. If this should occur, you become the autonomous manager of the data, assuming all legal obligations and responsibilities. You thereby relieve Quercetti of any responsibility concerning any complaint, suit, request for compensation for damages, etc. that Quercetti may receive from third parties whose Personal Data are collected through your use of the Site in violation of the applicable personal data protection norms. In any case, should you provide or in any way collect Personal Data from third parties while using the Site, you automatically guarantee - assuming all responsibility - that the use of the data is founded on a suitable legal basis according to art. 6 of the Regulation that legitimises the management of the information in question.
The use of personal data that we intend to carry out, upon your specific consent where necessary, has the following purposes:
To allow us to provide the Services of the Site;
The legal basis for the use is the application of pre-contractual measures adopted upon request of the same (art. 6(1)(b) of the Regulation) in as that the use of the data is necessary in order to provide the Service.
The granting of Personal Data for these purposes is optional but not providing the data may make it impossible to activate the use the Services provided by the Site,
D) Personal data sharing
Your Personal Data may be shared, for the abovementioned purposes, with:
• persons authorized by Quercetti to manage Personal Data necessary to carry out activities directly linked to providing Services, and who are committed to privacy or have an adequate legal obligation to privacy (e.g. employees and system administrators).
• third parties responsible for the management of the Site who are typically Data Management officers (for a complete and up-to-date list of Data Management officers, write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• persons, bodies or authorities to whom it is obligatory to communicate your Personal Data according to law or upon legal order.
E) Transfer of personal data
The Data Controller does not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
F) Your privacy rights according to art. 15 and others of the Regulation
According to article 15 and following articles of the Regulation, you have the right to ask Quercetti, at any moment, for access to your Personal Data, to alter or cancel them or to refuse their use. You have the right to request the limitation of your data use in cases referred to in art. 18 of the Regulation, or to obtain data referring to you in a structured form, in common use and readable on a computer, in the cases referred to in art. 20 of the Regulation.
Requests should be made in writing to the Data Controller at the following address email@example.com
In any case, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Personal Data Protection Supervisor), according to art. 77 of the Regulation, if you believe that the use of your Personal Data is not respecting the applicable laws.
Definitions, characteristics and application of regulations
There are many types of cookie, according to their characteristics and functions, and they can remain on the user’s computer for varying lengths of time: e.g. session cookies, which are automatically deleted upon closing the browser; persistent cookies, which remain on the user's device for a pre-determined period.
• "analytics cookies" when used directly by the site manager in order to collect statistical information about the number of users and how they use the site,
• browsing and session cookies (for authentication),
• functional cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of criteria selected (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service for the user.
On the other hand, "persistent cookies", i.e. those which create a profile of the user and are used in order to send advertising according to preferences expressed through online browsing activity, require the express consent of the user.
Types of cookies used by the Site
a) browing or session
These are cookies which allow the user to use the site and any services present, such as making a purchase, authentication for access reserved areas, or to maintain the user's personal preferences. This type of cookies can be further categorized according to how long they remain on the user's device: those which are deleted automatically at the end of a session are known as “ session cookies” (e.g. the above-mentioned online shopping cart). On the other hand, cookies which last longer are known as “ persistent cookies”. These cookies are indispensable for the functioning of the site and user consent is not required to install them.
Here is a list of these cookies:
|allows for recognition of a user browsing session.
unique session ID
allows for recognition of a user browsing session.
BASE64 user encoding
b. FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
This type of cookie is used to provide services or to remember your settings, in order to improve your browsing experience and your visit to our site. We use them to manage browsing according to products selected and/or to manage a Wish list. Previous user consent is not required to install this type of cookie.
Here is a list of these cookies:
_utma 2 Years,
_utmb 1 Hours,
_utmc Session ended,
_utmz 6 months,
_ga 2 Years
Allows to analyze site's users availment, to improve contents and services.
For information on Google Analytics cookies, see here.
For information about privacy management by Google Inc, see here.
datr, locale, xd, fr, c_user, lu, csm, s, act, x-src, xs, m_pixel ration, pl, presence, sd, wd
_from 1 month to 1 hour
allows Facebook to facilitate log-in and site sharing, after accessing through a Facebook account
Facebook Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. which connects the activity of our site with di Facebook's advertising network.
This type of service allows the site to communicate, optimize and provide advertisements based on the past use of the site by the user.
It is possible to manage cookies and control the behaviour of advertisements at this link.
These "social buttons" are visible on our website so that you can share the content through social networks, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google Plus. These platforms put cookies on our site that let them collect information about browsing.
Web beacons are minuscule invisible images that Quercetti uses in its newsletters. They allow us to identify statistical information relating to the use of the newsletter and allow Quercetti to improve that service. If you wish is not to allow statistical information to be collected, you can deactivate HTML in your email's system settings so that Quercetti newsletters are read as text only. All newsletters sent by Quercetti also contain a link that allows you to cancel your address from the mailing list.
Your decisions regarding cookies
You may select a function that lets your computer will alert you every time a cookie is received, or else you can decide to deactivate all cookies. These functions can be selected through your browser's settings. Every browser is slightly different, so we invite you to go to the “Help” menu of your browser to identify the best way to modify the cookie settings. If you choose to deactivate cookies, you will not be able to access many functions that make your experience of our website efficient and some of our services will not function correctly.
Instructions for managing cookies
If you are using a different browser type or version, please refer to your browser's "Help" menu.
Internet Explorer 7 and 8
1. Click on the Tools menu, then select Internet Options
2. Click on the Privacy tab
3. Move the cursor to choose the settings you prefer
4. For more specialised cookie settings, click on Sites or Advanced
5. For instructions regarding deletion of cookies on Internet Explorer, click here
1. Click on the Chrome menu, then select Settings
2. Click on Show advanced settings
3. Click on Content settings and choose the settings you prefer
4. For instructions regarding deletion of cookies on Chrome, click here
Mozilla Firefox 14, 15, and 16
1. Click on the Firefox icon (or Tools menu), then select Options. For Mac OS X users, click on the Firefox menu, then select Preferences
2. Click on the Privacy tab and choose the settings you prefer
3. For more specialised cookie settings on Firefox: use the personalized settings for saving browser data
4. For instructions regarding deletion of cookies on Firefox, click here
Safari 5.1 and later versions (Mac OS X)
1. Click on the Safari menu, then select Preferences
2. Click on the Privacy tab to see cookie settings
3. Choose the settings you prefer
4. For more specialised cookie settings, click on Details
5. For instructions regarding deletion of cookies on Safari, click here
1. Open the tools menu, then select Preferences
2. Click on the Advanced tab
3. In the Cookies section, click on Manage cookies
4. Select the options you prefer
5. For instructions regarding deletion of cookies on Opera, click here
Your online preferences on interprofessional sites
We invite you to go to the Youronlinechoices site, run by a group of professional digital advertising companies, part of the EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in Italy by the Interactive Advertising Bureau Italia (http://www.iab.it/). This site informs you about the companies on the platform which offer you the possibility to refuse or accept cookies from them which they use to adapt advertisements likely to appear on your computer to your browsing information: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/